Morning Skincare Routine




My morning skincare routine is extremely simple compared to most.  I use very few products as I don’t like to load my skin up with creams and gels as I find my makeup doesn’t last well throughout the day without a minimal base.  My skin type is quite normal or occasionally dry during the colder months or if I’m ill, so if you have oily or combination skin this may not be the best guide for you.

CLEANSE

To ensure any residue from my night-time skincare routine are removed from my face, I use Bioderma Sensibio micellar water on a cotton pad to sweep around my face and over my eyes.  This doubles up as a cleansing toner so it’s great for early mornings when you don’t feel up to washing your face at the sink.

EYES

This is an optional step as I don’t always feel the need for (read: often don’t bother with) an eye product in the mornings, but for puffiness a cooling eye gel such as the Body Shop's Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel is brilliant as it’s much more calming and less heavy than a rich eye cream.  It generally brightens up your eye area, but as much as I love it, it’s not a great base for foundation or concealer around the eyes, so apply liberally!

SERUM

As I said above, my skin can often get quite dry which I despise, so I sometimes overcompensate with the moisturisation!  (That is definitely not a word) For the last few months I’ve been loving the Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Serum, as it’s so hydrating and locks in all of the moisture from the next step.   I actually have two of these serums, so that I can leave one at my boyfriend’s house, as I love it so much.

MOISTURISER

This cream is amazing.  I was late on the bandwagon and only purchased this quite recently, and now I refuse to use anything else as my day moisturiser!  It has a very light consistency yet is super hydrating and the ginseng, although it may be a placebo effect, genuinely wakes up myself and, more importantly, my complexion, brightening my whole face almost instantly.  As it’s so light on application it provides a good healthy base for makeup without making it go cake-y.  I could write an entire blog post about how much I love the Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser but for now I’ll give it a rest.

And that is my entire morning skincare routine!  I prefer to keep it simple as most mornings I’m either rushing around or too exhausted to do any more than this, and I keep the more “intricate” routine for the evening.

Keep an eye out for my evening skincare routine which will be up soon!


Emma x

Unknown

LVNGLDN is the alias of Emma, a 20-something Irish law student living and working in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment