I Woke Up Like This

Some days you just have to channel your inner BeyoncĂ© and embrace your natural goodness as opposed to covering it up with layers of makeup.  I, personally, am sick of seeing blog posts or youtube videos of people showing you their “natural” or “quick” everyday makeup looks, when in fact it takes them about 40 minutes to get all 17 products on their face and they’re not looking too natural at all.  If you’re wanting more of a bare-faced babe look, or all you have in your bag is your gym gear and a few essentials and now have to get ready to go for dinner (guilty - it’s what inspired this post) then keep reading, and hopefully you’ll be inclined to give the contour a miss for a day.

As previously mentioned, all I had planned for today was a hardcore (okay, medium-core) gym session, but that doesn’t mean I don’t take a bit of pride in my appearance!  Thankfully, I’d brought with me a few necessities to distract from a bright red, panting face.  For a no-fuss, no-fret look, I am a firm believer in the rule of three.



BASE
If you want a bit more of a glow to your skin than a pale bare face, pick up a BB cream or tinted moisturiser.  They are the premium no-fuss product - in fact you probably won’t even need a mirror to apply!  My current drugstore BB Cream of choice is the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Light.  It offers SPF 30 and boasts 8 benefits (although I’m not sure I agree with that), but it feels like you have nothing on your skin so is perfect for days like this!  I’d advise you to apply with your fingers - it takes about 20 seconds to cover your whole face, and when applied with a brush it can look a bit too heavy for what we’re looking for.

BROWS
In order to frame your face, you need to frame your brows.  I’m not talking a full scouse brow, but a bit of definition will help to structure your look and make you look not-so.. bland.  I am currently using a new purchase - Soap and Glory’s Archery, which is double ended with a Brow Tint and a Precision Shaping Pencil.  I was accustomed for a long time to use a wax and powder duo for my brows, but this has really changed my mind!  For best results, use the tint to lightly brush through any sparse areas, and then add more of a shape with the pencil end.  This is a very quick and easy product, and is already on the repurchase list!

BIG EYES
There is no way I would go anywhere but my kitchen or (maybe) the gym without a few healthy coats of mascara.  To balance out the brows, you’ll need to take a mascara that won’t look too exaggerated, but will add some colour and volume to your lashes.  I find that Rimmel’s Lash Accelerator Endless works perfectly for this.  It is buildable, so it can be used for a dramatic makeup look, but if applied sparingly it can also be perfect for a “your eyes but better” effect.

That’s it!  All you need to look somewhat presentable.  After that I’d just recommend a quick comb-through of the hair and a moisturising lip balm to finish off.  Let me know if this works for you, if you’re a fan of heavy coverage all day long, or if you are brave enough to go completely bare-faced!  (I’m not quite there yet, I don’t want to scare the other diners in Fire and Stone)


Emma x

Unknown

LVNGLDN is the alias of Emma, a 20-something Irish law student living and working in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment