Mini Airport Haul!

From Thursday to Sunday I took a quick trip home to Ireland to see my family, and of course that meant prime opportunity to do some cheeky airport shopping!  I think I was actually quite well behaved this time as I had a few things to pick up for other people, so it felt like I was getting more than I was for myself.  I decided to pick up some products that have a lot of hype surrounding them to decide whether they work for me.

On the way over to Ireland I flew from Gatwick Airport and saw that Boots had a 3 for 2 offer across most of their makeup brands.  I decided to stick to only one brand to make the most of the offer, choosing Revlon.  I had really wanted to try out their new ColorBurst Laquer and Matte Balms - their version of the Clinique Chubby Sticks.  However every colour that I liked was out of stock!  Failing that, I chose a ColorBurst Butter Balm in Berry Smoothie, a ColorStay lip pencil in Pink/Rose and a Liquid Quick Dry Nail Varnish, which is the high street version of the Seche Vite top coat.  I am making a conscious effort to wear more lipstick and nail varnish so these purchases were necessary as far as I’m concerned..  So far I can only give a review on the lip butter as I’ve worn it a few times since then, and it is gorgeous and so moisturising, as well as not too daring of a shade.  I’ll definitely be picking them up in a few more shades! I then went to the Bare Minerals counter and bought my sister’s foundation for her, and then got a present for my eagerly anticipated new cousin, who is not even due for another few months!  I won’t say what I bought in case his/her mother is reading, but it’s adorable!

I flew back to London from Dublin Airport and took the opportunity to spend all of the Euro I had in my purse - I feel like the spending is justified as I won’t be using Euro again for another few months, so better get rid of it!  I spent about 20 minutes pouring over the MAC eyeshadows in order to get a few additions to my palette, and just as I had chosen the four I wanted, I was told you can’t purchase refills in any airports!  I settled on a Pro Longwear Paint Pot in the shade Painterly, as I’ve seen so many people rave about it as their everyday eyeshadow base, and due to the size of the tub I’m sure it will last a long time.  On the way to the boarding gate I allowed myself one last buy in Boots, when I saw that the Maybelline Big Eyes Volum’Express mascara was on promotion price at €8.99!  I have been meaning to buy a bottom lash mascara and this has both, so hopefully it will be as good as some beauty bloggers have said.

Travelling always gives me an excuse to shop, as otherwise what else would we do when waiting around for the plane?!  Let me know if you’re like me and have to pick up something every time you fly, or if you’re more restrained and only invest when you’re sure you need a product.  Once I've tried and tested these products I'll let you know if they're worth the hype.


Emma x

Unknown

LVNGLDN is the alias of Emma, a 20-something Irish law student living and working in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment